one of the good things about this time of year is waking up at 5:15 to birdsong. of course, waking up is always a good thing. where you wake up is probably another good thing; for instance your own bed. or your lover’s bed is a good thing, too. had they gotten up just before you woke to birdsong, their side of the bed just now cool to the touch? at that moment, with the birdsong as the score to the movie that is unreeling as you wake, the thought that the most productive use of your day may be to stay in bed flies by, just like the dream that ended when you felt their absence, the rumple of bed clothes a closing door.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Come paint your loved one (lover or friend) @ Valentini! Feb 12 from 5 to 8 PM. More info:… instagram.com/p/BPdh1kIjWyE/ 5 days ago
- Trump reportedly wants to cut cultural programs that make up 0.02 percent of federal spending wapo.st/2k7dkFd?tid=ss… #artmakelifebetter 5 days ago
- 📷 Maurice Noble background layout for the Chuck Jones-directed,”Rabbit Seasoning”, 1952, graphite and... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HLGpvS 6 days ago
- RT @HSVmuseumArt: We have just 1 week left with "What's Up, Doc?" at HMA. You DON'T want to miss the chance to see the #WabbitExhibit from… 1 week ago
- 📷 “The Bomb”, oil on canvas on canvas by Chuck Jones. Painted in response to the dropping of the atom... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HItqNU 1 week ago
- Original layout drawing by Chuck Jones, graphite and colored pencil on 12 field animation paper… instagram.com/p/BPYdyjJAAJG/ 1 week ago
- Thrilling spotlight on our artist and friend, Mike Kungl, by the city of Anaheim. Bravo, Mike! tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HD15N- 1 week ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Be sure to see #WabbitExhibit @HSVmuseumArt - final stop on the tour - by 1/22. Because when the curtains drawn, THAT'S… 1 week ago
- I'm a dirty skunk? #saturdaymorningcartoons #chuckjones #duckseasonrabbitseason #skunkseason instagram.com/p/BPQIcAAAjlt/ 1 week ago
- Red Dot Auction 2017--Call for Artists! conta.cc/2iLgUUd https://t.co/dAlYKD4okO 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.