i used to claim that i needn’t wear green to proclaim my spot at the st. patrick’s day table. besides, who doesn’t like a little pinch every-once-in-a-while? but my best st. patrick’s day memories are those of the years between 1975 and 1980 when i waited tables at arnie’s restaurant in chicago and would get to observe notable adults drink themselves silly right in the middle of the day; the zenith of which was seeing the homophobic bob irsay, owner of the baltimore colts, and a real ‘richard cranium’ (i’ll let you figure it out) passed out at his table drool pooling on the fresh table linens from his little rosebud of a mouth (so like an asshole) and the rest of his party blithely soldiering on arms around each other singing “sweet molly malone” while the smell of cabbage farts filled the air. now that’s a picture.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- 📷 “If we can generate just one shining question mark in a child’s mind, one sudden peripheral... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2IpQgT0 22 hours ago
- Inspirational remembrance of Chuck Jones on the 15th anniversary of his passing by @CraigKausen. #ChuckJones chuckjonescenter.org/blog/15-years 2 days ago
- 15 Years blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… https://t.co/0cHQeM5zgV 2 days ago
- 📷 Art is starting to arrive for Red Dot Auction VII, a fundraiser for Chuck Jones Center for... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2If1PaJ 5 days ago
- "Heavens, enough already, our thirst is quenched." --the palms #weatherreport… instagram.com/p/BQqdrrvFNjN/ 6 days ago
- The Linda Jones Archive: Crier in the Wilderness by Chuck Jones, Part 2 blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… https://t.co/dImyzLeBDU 6 days ago
- 📹 “The Chuck Jones Look”, written by Chuck Jones and narrated by Todd Kausen, his grandson. tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2IZqi40 1 week ago
- 📷 Layout drawings, graphite and colored pencil on 12 field animation paper, by Chuck Jones for his... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2IXPyrX 1 week ago
- RT @HopeFreleng: #ChuckJones #FrizFreleng being honored at @MoMAFilm (1985) @Linda0725 @CraigKausen @robertpatrick https://t.co/NvxmmT6bMT 1 week ago
- 64 Things I’ve Learned in 64 Years (not by any means an exhaustive list) robtpatrick.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/64-… https://t.co/4ipmJpyYyW 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.