what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- RT @strummernet: Pure magic. All three of #Kieslowski's COLORS screen this Sunday @MovingImageNYC. Screw horror films, this is the weekend'… 1 day ago
- RT @LevineCartoons: Happy #InternationalArtistDay @CraigKausen @robertpatrick https://t.co/8tgaESGplL 1 day ago
- It's a Masterpiece! conta.cc/2eC5YTD https://t.co/m0g91NvTNo 3 days ago
- Have you? #americathebeautiful #naturalizedcitizen #makeyouvoiceheard #forspaciousskies… instagram.com/p/BL3xS1GAxmQ/ 5 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: #Kieslowski fans, we're giving away this gorgeous minimalist DEKALOG poster from @Criterion. RT for a chance to win! ht… 1 week ago
- Treats and Tricks at our San Diego Gallery! conta.cc/2dWHioi https://t.co/rfXCEyPoMb 1 week ago
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! conta.cc/2dWHioi https://t.co/NydsQedERg 1 week ago
- #nofilter #justwow instagram.com/p/BLZ4CTbgoWQ/ 2 weeks ago
- Check out our most recent newsletter! conta.cc/2dWHioi https://t.co/WI0khw2Xzq 2 weeks ago
- RT @LevineCartoons: Happy World Smile Day! (Chuck Jones/Dr. Seuss style) @CraigKausen @robertpatrick @ChuckJones1912 @ChuckJonesArt @Chuck… 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.