what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- the photo memory: black and white vs.@color wp.me/pAOuc-27i 2 days ago
- RT @aprylmiller26: Folks, right now, in Astoria, it's all about Mad Men, run, don't walk, not to be missed. @MovingImageNYC http://t.co/Fk7… 3 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: Our very own @tomokommi was honored by @JimmyVanBramer for #WomensHistoryMonth - we're so proud of her!!! http://t.co/i… 3 days ago
- The fog is back. #Dogwalk instagram.com/p/0xeSh4CiY-/ 3 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Every Saturday through 4/25. Watch #ChuckJones cartoons @fwmsh. Could there BE anything better? Cereal too? 4 days ago
- There is no sodomite suppression act and there is no religious freedom legislation in nature. instagram.com/p/0u5ZsCCicK/ 4 days ago
- What's Up, Doc? The Animation Art of Chuck Jones #constantcontact conta.cc/1xf7Vx9 6 days ago
- A private art lesson at the Center with Denise. #shading #blending #tiki #drawing #light #dark… instagram.com/p/0Y4nJSiiU1/ 1 week ago
- Got to dash off to work, but Mr. Lincoln wanted to say hello. #rosegarden #nopromises instagram.com/p/0X54OoiiZX/ 1 week ago
- I wish this were a scratch and sniff video because the scent of the wisteria is really wonderful.… instagram.com/p/0Vl0QEiiR-/ 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.