what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Exercise Your Genius! conta.cc/2g47hfq https://t.co/nHLpZgL9da 3 days ago
- Chuck Jones’s Grandson to Speak at Colorado Springs Fine Art Center Exhibition blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… https://t.co/mTkuUqsgpe 3 days ago
- 50th Anniversary of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… @ChuckJonesArt #Grinch #exhibition #BestHolidayCartoon 3 days ago
- Join Us in San Diego for the Grinch 50th Anniversary! blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… https://t.co/xPwcCsDrFX 3 days ago
- RT @andreaalvinart: Starting a new painting. Candy canes one Christmas at Samuels's in Rhinebeck, NY #CandyCanes #AndreaAlvin... https://t.… 4 days ago
- Sufferin' succotash! twitter.com/sitesexhibits/… 4 days ago
- world a.i.d.s. day, december 1,@2016 robtpatrick.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/wor… https://t.co/mNIyldqRFJ 5 days ago
- (Insert Creative Giving Tuesday Subject Line Here) conta.cc/2ghjEaJ https://t.co/solpIFhS5Z 6 days ago
- 1st planning meeting for #RedDotAuction 2017! @ChuckJonesCentr May 5 & 6, 2017 #chuckjones #creativity https://t.co/lGefygdYJA 6 days ago
- RT @HopeFreleng: Remembering #LooneyTunes composer #CarlStalling who passed away on November 29, 1972 @GeoDaugherty https://t.co/LHVbr5YQgm 6 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.