what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Featured Artist of the Day: June Valentine-Ruppe. chuckjonescenter.org/blog/which-art… #RedDotAuction #fundraiser #ChuckJones 13 hours ago
- Which Artist’s Work Will You Go Home with this Year at the Red Dot Auction? blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… 13 hours ago
- Which Artist’s Work Will You Go Home with at this Year’s Red Dot Auction? blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… 1 day ago
- My fave bathroom art ever. @shelbyandsandy #clouds #Blue #ArtistStudio #ShelbyAndSandy instagram.com/p/BE9Ovf5iiXI/ 1 day ago
- Artist of the day: Andrea Rosales. chuckjonescenter.org/blog/which-art… #ChuckJones #RedDotAuction #fundraiser @CraigKausen 2 days ago
- Which Artist’s Work Will You Go Home with at this Year’s Red Dot Auction? blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… 2 days ago
- I pick this just for you. #gardenreport #daisy instagram.com/p/BE4i2KPiiV6/ 3 days ago
- Featured Artist of the Day: Jamie Martin! chuckjonescenter.org/blog/which-art… #RedDotAuction #ChuckJones #Fundraiser @CraigKausen 3 days ago
- Which Artist's Work Will You Go Home with at this Year's Red Dot Auction? blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… 3 days ago
- Which Artist’s Work Will You Take Home at this Year’s Red Dot Auction? blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… 4 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.