what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- 📷 “What a maroon!” is what you’ll say if you miss this year’s Red Dot Auction benefiting the programs... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JuIvgB 1 day ago
- 📷 Happy National Puppy Day from Frisky Puppy and Chuck Jones! Character model sheet, photostat from... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JsZHru 2 days ago
- You remember "Under the Tuscan Sun", don't you? Here's your chance to live a little bit of the "La Dolce Vita". Join… lnkd.in/enHWZMZ 2 days ago
- 📷 Bugs Bunny and his adversaries, graphite on 12 field animation paper by Chuck Jones as an... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JqNCg5 3 days ago
- The Palette and Palate of Tuscany at LCA Wine brought you to by @ChuckJonesCentr shop.chuckjonescenter.org/collections/ti… #winetasting #painting #landscape 3 days ago
- 📷 Original character model sheet, photostat from drawings by Chuck Jones for his “Kiss Me Cat”,1953. . tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JnXFv0 4 days ago
- 📹 Happy St. Patrick’s Day! “The Wearing of the Grin”, 1951, directed by Chuck Jones. tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JedytX 1 week ago
- Character model drawing, graphite and colored pencil on 12 field animation paper by Chuck Jones… instagram.com/p/BRwGEGJDZ4j/ 1 week ago
- 📷 Character model drawing by Chuck Jones, graphite and colored pencil on 12 field animation paper, for... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2JcZEif 1 week ago
- 📷 Original layout drawing, graphite on 12 field animation paper by Chuck Jones for the first episode... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2Ja34WO 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.