what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- After dinner. #jfg #goodconversation #finedining #contented #camaraderie @ McCormick & Schmick's… instagram.com/p/BKuVuZxAMf6/ 1 day ago
- This is Lenore, she's a ghost! I'm surprised you can see her or can you? #gaslampdistrict… instagram.com/p/BKtKFvtghkS/ 2 days ago
- On the train to San Diego. #Surfliner #antrak #sanclemente instagram.com/p/BKq8F_xgfEP/ 3 days ago
- "Bugs-day" cake! #chuckjones #birthday #104 #culinaryschool @ 5ifty Forks Restaurant instagram.com/p/BKowroZgA4A/ 4 days ago
- RT @LevineCartoons: Happy 104th Bugs-day @ChuckJones1912 @CraigKausen @robertpatrick @ChuckJonesArt @ChuckJonesCentr https://t.co/yM3KnloH… 4 days ago
- Little hands, big ideas. Fab face created by a 7 year old. #FestivalOfChildren @ South Coast Plaza instagram.com/p/BKeJnUNAYo5/ 1 week ago
- #FestivalOfChildren @ South Coast Plaza instagram.com/p/BKeGRemA8qm/ 1 week ago
- Little hands, big ideas. #FestivalOfChildren @ South Coast Plaza instagram.com/p/BKeC7NdgYdd/ 1 week ago
- We are at festival of children at South Coast Plaza today till 4 PM calling Marketing and having… instagram.com/p/BKeBmw_AvAH/ 1 week ago
- Whatever am I up to? #noprizeforcorrectanswer #gallery #september @ Chuck Jones Gallery - SOCO instagram.com/p/BKbzJewghVE/ 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.