what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Visit the Snoopsonian with This Special Offer! #constantcontact conta.cc/1FBfWyo 1 day ago
- RT @RealSteveWetzel: @CraigKausen @robertpatrick How Chuck Jones Animated the Mongoose in 'Rikki-Tikki-Tavi' — bit.ly/1HxdpVq http:… 1 day ago
- Sometimes I walk to the office from the gallery. #dailyexcercise #workstuff instagram.com/p/29AtmviifM/ 2 days ago
- Irvine Classical Players to Perform at Chuck Jones Center for Creativity #constantcontact conta.cc/1LcTCuU 2 days ago
- Introducing “Volumes” Limited Edition Blackwing Pencils blackwing602.com/?p=7480 #ChuckJones used Blackwing 602 his entire creative career. 3 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: #NewcombPottery was made by southern artists, with southern clays, decorated with southern subjects." @NewcombGallery ht… 3 days ago
- Meet the Artists! Rob Kaz and Eric Teitelbaum to Appear at the Chuck Jones Galleries! #constantcontact conta.cc/1Ahcbhf 4 days ago
- New editions by Mike Kungl @ the #chuckjones gallery. In vino veritas! #domain #wine #fineartprint #mikekungl http://t.co/MqTWat6MJP 5 days ago
- Anyone can negatively criticize — it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modic... chuckjonesnow.com #ChuckJonesNow 5 days ago
- We Get Mail: The History of Animation with Linda Jones Clough wp.me/p4g0LN-ri 5 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.