what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Printmaking day at the creativity camp. #chuckjones #art #camp #creativity#itsgoodforyou @ Chuck… instagram.com/p/5u2-vfCie7/ 2 days ago
- Why Bugs Bunny is the greatest cartoon character ever theverge.com/2015/7/27/9049… via @verge #ChuckJones #aspirational #BugsBunny 3 days ago
- Celebrate Bugs Bunny's 75th birthday by watching the first-ever 'What's up, doc?' moment ti.me/1fzeZwB via @TIMEHistory #ChuckJones 4 days ago
- X-2 + K-9 = A Couple of Fine Lines from Eric Goldberg #constantcontact conta.cc/1MMGqOz 1 week ago
- What Legendary Animator Chuck Jones Can Teach Us About Being Better Filmmakers nofilmschool.com/2015/07/chuck-… 1 week ago
- BOB NICOLL, DEAN OF BLIZZARD ACADEMY, TO SPEAK ON CREATIVITY AND TEAM BUILDING blog.chuckjones.com/chuck_redux/20… http://t.co/fObw6jMPW3 1 week ago
- Creativity and Team Building--"Chuck Talk" by Bob Nicoll at the Center #constantcontact conta.cc/1CQ9dSm 1 week ago
- The fog is rolling in. #weatherreport instagram.com/p/5YVMrViiQj/ 1 week ago
- Good morning. #weatherreport #expectingevenmoreweathertoday instagram.com/p/5UXUvqCiS0/ 1 week ago
- Making Learning Visible: Doodling Helps Memories Stick ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2015… 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.