what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- "Opening Night" an Exhibition of Works on Paper and Canvas by Tom Everhart conta.cc/1T1zDFH https://t.co/7wOWD4iadZ 1 day ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Look at #TheCuddlyMuseum today! Sniffles the Mouse model sheet, "Naughty But Mice," 1939. #ChuckJones #ValentinesDay htt… 2 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: He exudes confidence. The ultimate lady skunk magnet (or not). Sketch by #ChuckJones #TheCuddlyMuseum #ValentinesDay htt… 3 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Your fav amorous skunk, no? Pepé Le Pew character layout, 1961. #TheCuddlyMuseum #ChuckJones @ChuckJonesCentr https://t… 3 days ago
- "The whole essence of good drawing--and good thinking, perhaps..." #ChuckJones on drawing tmblr.co/ZFDtgv21U27pl 3 days ago
- "Opening Night" an Exhibition of Works on Paper and Canvas by Tom Everhart conta.cc/1T1zDFH https://t.co/gTjUJSfPnU 4 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Awwwwww. Model sheet, "Feed the Kitty," by Chuck Jones 1952. #TheCuddlyMuseum @ChuckJonesCentr @MNHistoryCenter https://… 4 days ago
- Gardening "in mufti" #weatherreport #santaana #winds #runninghotandcold instagram.com/p/BBdov7siif0/ 1 week ago
- Your Last Minute St. Valentine's Day Gift Guide! conta.cc/1SRjUZO https://t.co/Fz8BNnrkRt 1 week ago
- In case you missed it! conta.cc/1PDYlGA https://t.co/ZXFZhO91JA 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.