what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Blue Lake green beans, summer squash, Mexican squash, sweet potato hash. #cookingdinner instagram.com/p/7B5zppiiWU/ 22 hours ago
- The Creative Classroom with Richard Kinsey today at 2 PM at the @craigkausen #actwithapencil #drawing… instagram.com/p/6vH8CnCiW3/ 1 week ago
- Photo shoot for SoCo. That's Kona on the leash. @craigkausen #creativity instagram.com/p/6qXUvRCiSZ/ 1 week ago
- The morning after. Great evening last night for the first Chuck Talk with Bob Nicoll! #chucktalk… instagram.com/p/6p1fXniifo/ 1 week ago
- Bob Nicoll @craigkausen #chucktalk #creativity instagram.com/p/6oRZ1uCiXx/ 1 week ago
- Duck Amuck! #chucktalk #creativity instagram.com/p/6oQ3NKiiW-/ 1 week ago
- Prepping for our first Chuck Talk. Bob Nicoll, Dean of Blizzard academy, is our guest speaker this… instagram.com/p/6n8zc4iiWM/ 1 week ago
- Bob Nicoll-Dean of #Blizzard Academy, inaugurates Chuck Talk @ChuckJonesCentr 8/20/15. facebook.com/ChuckTalk #ChuckJones #creativity 1 week ago
- White peach fresh from the farmer's market this morning. #inseason #suh-weet! instagram.com/p/6c7BRkCibt/ 2 weeks ago
- Every morning is different. weatherreport instagram.com/p/6Z-T4mCiQy/ 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.