yesterday when i took the dogs for their morning walk at 6 a.m., we walked past a bmw 3 series convertible (with the top up). inside, a shirtless man was sitting in the front passenger seat with his back to the window, shaving. the back seat was made up as a bed. when we walked by, he turned and looked directly at me, but with such a blank look it was as if he were looking right through me. he turned back to shaving and the dogs and i continued on our way. it made me think that none of us are ever too far away from destitution regardless of our lives today. these are some other signs that i’ve seen around orange county…a very non-urban setting for homelessness and the shock of their plight is all the more noticeable for its suburban setting.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Come paint your loved one (lover or friend) @ Valentini! Feb 12 from 5 to 8 PM. More info:… instagram.com/p/BPdh1kIjWyE/ 1 day ago
- Trump reportedly wants to cut cultural programs that make up 0.02 percent of federal spending wapo.st/2k7dkFd?tid=ss… #artmakelifebetter 1 day ago
- 📷 Maurice Noble background layout for the Chuck Jones-directed,”Rabbit Seasoning”, 1952, graphite and... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HLGpvS 2 days ago
- RT @HSVmuseumArt: We have just 1 week left with "What's Up, Doc?" at HMA. You DON'T want to miss the chance to see the #WabbitExhibit from… 3 days ago
- 📷 “The Bomb”, oil on canvas on canvas by Chuck Jones. Painted in response to the dropping of the atom... tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HItqNU 3 days ago
- Original layout drawing by Chuck Jones, graphite and colored pencil on 12 field animation paper… instagram.com/p/BPYdyjJAAJG/ 3 days ago
- Thrilling spotlight on our artist and friend, Mike Kungl, by the city of Anaheim. Bravo, Mike! tmblr.co/ZFDtgv2HD15N- 5 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Be sure to see #WabbitExhibit @HSVmuseumArt - final stop on the tour - by 1/22. Because when the curtains drawn, THAT'S… 6 days ago
- I'm a dirty skunk? #saturdaymorningcartoons #chuckjones #duckseasonrabbitseason #skunkseason instagram.com/p/BPQIcAAAjlt/ 6 days ago
- Red Dot Auction 2017--Call for Artists! conta.cc/2iLgUUd https://t.co/dAlYKD4okO 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.