caveat: the opinions expressed below are those of the author and not necessarily those of the management.
1. you always know it when you see it.
2. money is not style. money does not care who owns it.
3. some people have it, some people don’t (and probably never will.)
4. it’s okay if you don’t, it’s only a thing.
5. you might be able to learn to apply style to aspects of your life, but those whose instincts for style are natural will always have an edge over you.
6. style that makes you self-conscious is not style, it is a facade and everyone knows it.
7. those who dictate style are just that, dictators.
8. there is no right or wrong to style. everyone’s taste is different.
9. if you don’t like someone’s style or find it mean and déclassée, it says less about them than it does about you.
10. less is more, more often than not, especially if you’re not sure of yourself.
11. more is more should be left to the experts (see tony duquette), unless you’re absolutely sure of yourself (few of us are, although some of us do not care if we are or not–i realize it’s confusing, but you’ll know when you’ve stepped over the line–and of course, there’s always a place and time for that as well. you’re on your own when over-indulging your instincts.)