no one was more surprised (or delighted) than me.domestication suited me, although it was a bit of shock that there were so many rules, but once you get the hang of a collar and leash (jk! okay, maybe every-once-in-a-while if they insist) it’s a pretty wonderful arrangement. you can share everything! you can talk about it endlessly! you can throw a box of cheerios into the sink in a fit of pique–true story! it happened at the house pictured above–neither of us can remember what we were arguing about, but m., in a dramatic flourish (albeit after i had pushed numerous “buttons”), slam dunked an open box of cheerios into the kitchen sink. said cheerios did not feel compelled to remain in the sink, instead opting to explode into a rainstorm of falling oats, coating the kitchen floor. we giggled. and cleaned it up. i’m not sure there was make-up sex, but there could have been. such is the nature of domestication.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- RT @MovingImageNYC: .@nytimesarts calls #WabbitExhibit "enthralling" & #ChuckJones's cartoons "extraordinarily beautiful. Full review at ht… 15 hours ago
- Each day is unique. instagram.com/p/sSL9_xCiaJ/ 18 hours ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla wp.me/p4g0LN-nr 1 day ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla nyti.ms/1tfewo0 1 day ago
- A private painting lesson at the Center. Chris is a wonderful instructor! #chuckjones @ Chuck Jones… instagram.com/p/sQAAD_iiej/ 1 day ago
- Bonjour! Ca va, au'jourdhui? (This rose only speaks French.) instagram.com/p/sPo4FYiia2/ 1 day ago
- Check out what I discovered by using the MoMA app! #MoMAapp moma.org/explore/multim… http://t.co/roE0s9C81B 2 days ago
- "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." -Dorothy Parker. 2 days ago
- Chuck Jones 102Gether: A Celebration of Collaborative Creativity asifa-hollywood.org/chuck-jones-10… 2 days ago
- Hoag Hospital Recruits Bugs Bunny to Help Prevent Alzheimer’s on September 19 wp.me/p4g0LN-np 2 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.