no one was more surprised (or delighted) than me.domestication suited me, although it was a bit of shock that there were so many rules, but once you get the hang of a collar and leash (jk! okay, maybe every-once-in-a-while if they insist) it’s a pretty wonderful arrangement. you can share everything! you can talk about it endlessly! you can throw a box of cheerios into the sink in a fit of pique–true story! it happened at the house pictured above–neither of us can remember what we were arguing about, but m., in a dramatic flourish (albeit after i had pushed numerous “buttons”), slam dunked an open box of cheerios into the kitchen sink. said cheerios did not feel compelled to remain in the sink, instead opting to explode into a rainstorm of falling oats, coating the kitchen floor. we giggled. and cleaned it up. i’m not sure there was make-up sex, but there could have been. such is the nature of domestication.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Thrilled that a chapter from my memoir will be published in an upcoming edition of Chelsea Station Magazine. ht.ly/AZOp2 11 hours ago
- Good morning on Labor Day instagram.com/p/sZ5cJeCiav/ 1 day ago
- Do you sat tomahtoe? #farmersmarket instagram.com/p/sXrWLqiiVG/ 2 days ago
- Local farmers market @ Corner Bakery Cafe instagram.com/p/sXrLh_CiUu/ 2 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: .@nytimesarts calls #WabbitExhibit "enthralling" & #ChuckJones's cartoons "extraordinarily beautiful. Full review at ht… 4 days ago
- Each day is unique. instagram.com/p/sSL9_xCiaJ/ 4 days ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla wp.me/p4g0LN-nr 5 days ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla nyti.ms/1tfewo0 5 days ago
- A private painting lesson at the Center. Chris is a wonderful instructor! #chuckjones @ Chuck Jones… instagram.com/p/sQAAD_iiej/ 5 days ago
- Bonjour! Ca va, au'jourdhui? (This rose only speaks French.) instagram.com/p/sPo4FYiia2/ 5 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.