no one was more surprised (or delighted) than me.domestication suited me, although it was a bit of shock that there were so many rules, but once you get the hang of a collar and leash (jk! okay, maybe every-once-in-a-while if they insist) it’s a pretty wonderful arrangement. you can share everything! you can talk about it endlessly! you can throw a box of cheerios into the sink in a fit of pique–true story! it happened at the house pictured above–neither of us can remember what we were arguing about, but m., in a dramatic flourish (albeit after i had pushed numerous “buttons”), slam dunked an open box of cheerios into the kitchen sink. said cheerios did not feel compelled to remain in the sink, instead opting to explode into a rainstorm of falling oats, coating the kitchen floor. we giggled. and cleaned it up. i’m not sure there was make-up sex, but there could have been. such is the nature of domestication.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Palate and Palettes Returns March 13 @ Chuck Jones Center for Creativity wp.me/p4g0LN-lt 3 days ago
- Rob Minkoff, Chuck Jones Center Board Member, Helms New "Peabody & Sherman" opens 3/7. ht.ly/ujSLf #RobMinkoff #Peabody 4 days ago
- Take Two! PEANUTS Producer Lee Mendelson Honored Guest at Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego wp.me/p4g0LN-lk 1 week ago
- good morning! http://t.co/X0Lvd0fCrr 1 week ago
- Take Two! PEANUTS and Birthdays! #constantcontact conta.cc/OLdej4 1 week ago
- Currently. http://t.co/oL59VKHLP2 1 week ago
- It is wonderful watching children create art. I wish you could hear them. http://t.co/TFdbvMU3kV 1 week ago
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Part 2 wp.me/p4g0LN-le 1 week ago
- It felt overwhelming while I was sitting, but standing up gave me a new perspective. ow.ly/i/4FZmy #work #movearound #routine 2 weeks ago
- Chuck Jones is on Tumblr: DirectedbyChuckJones.tumblr.com. Soon to be at a museum near you. ht.ly/tPjp4 #ChuckJones 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.