what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Palate and Palettes Returns March 13 @ Chuck Jones Center for Creativity wp.me/p4g0LN-lt 1 day ago
- Rob Minkoff, Chuck Jones Center Board Member, Helms New "Peabody & Sherman" opens 3/7. ht.ly/ujSLf #RobMinkoff #Peabody 2 days ago
- Take Two! PEANUTS Producer Lee Mendelson Honored Guest at Chuck Jones Gallery–San Diego wp.me/p4g0LN-lk 5 days ago
- good morning! http://t.co/X0Lvd0fCrr 6 days ago
- Take Two! PEANUTS and Birthdays! #constantcontact conta.cc/OLdej4 1 week ago
- Currently. http://t.co/oL59VKHLP2 1 week ago
- It is wonderful watching children create art. I wish you could hear them. http://t.co/TFdbvMU3kV 1 week ago
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Part 2 wp.me/p4g0LN-le 1 week ago
- It felt overwhelming while I was sitting, but standing up gave me a new perspective. ow.ly/i/4FZmy #work #movearound #routine 2 weeks ago
- Chuck Jones is on Tumblr: DirectedbyChuckJones.tumblr.com. Soon to be at a museum near you. ht.ly/tPjp4 #ChuckJones 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.