what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Black Friday Week! Tis the Season to Enter to Win! #constantcontact conta.cc/1zS1ihj 4 hours ago
- Currently. instagram.com/p/vwy-kgCicr/ 21 hours ago
- Bugs Bunny at the Symphony will be at the @NJSymphony on January 3rd. B there or b square. njsymphony.org/events/detail/… #WabbitExhibit 2 days ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Opening this weekend #RomareBearden @Columbia_arts Wallach Art Gallery in New York. Get the free apps before you go! htt… 6 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: This just in: Lenny Kaye will be accompanying Patti Smith tonight when she performs #MercyIs after #NoahMovie & chat w/… 6 days ago
- Welll, that was fun. instagram.com/p/vZX_SuCifL/ 1 week ago
- Good Grief, Charlie Brown! It's Holiday Event Time! #constantcontact conta.cc/14fj8jV 1 week ago
- Terrific drawing of Milan rooftops by #ChuckJones: ht.ly/E8T3T #Milan #travelsketchbook #graphite #Indiaink 1 week ago
- A Great Yellow Dog and a Letter from Uncle Lynn wp.me/p4g0LN-od 2 weeks ago
- The coast shrouded in fog. #orangecounty daily walk instagram.com/p/vL3NLVCibl/ 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.