what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Lassie, Come to the Office newyorker.com/./culture-desk… via @newyorker 4 hours ago
- Exhibit Shows How Animator Chuck Jones Made Looney Tunes Great By Mixing Groucho & Twain onforb.es/1nWYuwA via @forbes #wabbitexhibit 9 hours ago
- Host your own adult creativity class at the @ChuckJonesCentr. Team building, bridal showers, home school! #ChuckJones http://t.co/Nhuiz9YKaV 9 hours ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: Did you know the museum is #FREE today from 4-8pm? Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck & other #ChuckJones characters await at #Wabb… 9 hours ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: We need your help to advance to Round 2 of the #SIshowdown. Please vote of Wile E. Coyote! bit.ly/VzNMjS http://… 9 hours ago
- Befrazzled. The air-conditioner is out and it is sticky hot in here. @ Chuck Jones Center for Creativity instagram.com/p/rIcYSnCicv/ 1 day ago
- Chuck Jones' Doodles of Genius ocweekly.com/2014-07-31/cul… via @ocweekly #ChuckJones #doodles #BowersMuseum 1 day ago
- now.chuckjonescenter.org/wp-content/upl… Did you know you can share images and quotes from ChuckJonesNow.com? chuckjonesnow.com #ChuckJonesNow 2 days ago
- Anyone can negatively criticize — it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modic... chuckjonesnow.com #ChuckJonesNow 2 days ago
- Another day. instagram.com/p/rE6N9wCiXb/ 2 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.