what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Thrilled that a chapter from my memoir will be published in an upcoming edition of Chelsea Station Magazine. ht.ly/AZOp2 1 hour ago
- Good morning on Labor Day instagram.com/p/sZ5cJeCiav/ 1 day ago
- Do you sat tomahtoe? #farmersmarket instagram.com/p/sXrWLqiiVG/ 2 days ago
- Local farmers market @ Corner Bakery Cafe instagram.com/p/sXrLh_CiUu/ 2 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: .@nytimesarts calls #WabbitExhibit "enthralling" & #ChuckJones's cartoons "extraordinarily beautiful. Full review at ht… 4 days ago
- Each day is unique. instagram.com/p/sSL9_xCiaJ/ 4 days ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla wp.me/p4g0LN-nr 4 days ago
- The Playful God of a Manic Valhalla nyti.ms/1tfewo0 4 days ago
- A private painting lesson at the Center. Chris is a wonderful instructor! #chuckjones @ Chuck Jones… instagram.com/p/sQAAD_iiej/ 5 days ago
- Bonjour! Ca va, au'jourdhui? (This rose only speaks French.) instagram.com/p/sPo4FYiia2/ 5 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.