what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- #ChuckJones Big Draw at Sowers Middle School-Huntington Beach! A creative event. Photos here: ht.ly/D7lq0 #creativity #HBUSD 1 day ago
- 6 Comedy Lessons that #ChuckJones Learned From Tex Avery cartoonbrew.com/educational/6-… via @cartoonbrew 2 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: Enter the #ChuckJones Family Day Scavenger Hunt to win a sweet prize: A Chuck Jones pencil set courtesy of @Blackwing h… 2 days ago
- I don't know what he does, but he's got the touch. #orchids #greenthumb #husband instagram.com/p/uWA70hiiag/ 3 days ago
- Haricots verts dans une boule rouge. (Everything sounds better en Francais.) #greenbeans #redbowl #snob instagram.com/p/uRnMYGiiVr/ 4 days ago
- Chris's been working on this all day and it's really coming along. What do you think? #mural… instagram.com/p/uRTOwbiiYf/ 5 days ago
- Chuck Jones Center for Creativity Hosts Community Projects This Sunday! #constantcontact conta.cc/1xWfYLe 5 days ago
- Your ACME Catalog Has Arrived! #constantcontact conta.cc/1sToWJj 6 days ago
- I needed a bit of ocean just now. Consider it my 1000 words. instagram.com/p/uEm-smCib6/ 1 week ago
- I promised that I would put this all over the Internet. You can help me. #fundraiser #creativityseason… instagram.com/p/uCgUMCiiU2/ 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.