what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- That's what 97 degrees looks like. #heatwave #weatherreport instagram.com/p/s-5kt8Cid7/ 17 hours ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Yep. #ChuckJones pretty much defined our childhoods. Cool discussion of the #wabbitExhibit from @villagevoice http://t.c… 1 day ago
- The toaster setting is particularly apt for the 90° it is here today. #werehavingaheatwave… instagram.com/p/s8fo7ZCiQS/ 1 day ago
- At sunset. #plumeria instagram.com/p/s6GiqUCiRm/ 2 days ago
- Is he not the cutest thing? #billyblueeye #hiding #dachshund instagram.com/p/s43M-NCiYp/ 3 days ago
- "That Crack Salad" wp.me/pEv0q-qp #salad #recipe #lukasvolger 3 days ago
- It's always good to be home. instagram.com/p/s3fv5UiiVa/ 3 days ago
- 102 Birthday Wishes from Bugs Bunny! #constantcontact conta.cc/1wiuRGX 3 days ago
- Anyone can negatively criticize — it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modic... chuckjonesnow.com #ChuckJonesNow 4 days ago
- Good morning. instagram.com/p/spW9yqCiac/ 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.