what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- *Awesomeness* just keeps rolling into the Red Dot Auction! ht.ly/vUnOh #RedDotAuction #ChuckJonesCenter 2 days ago
- Happy 77th b'day, Daffy Duck! <3ed this article in Mother Jones on our fine-feathered friend: ht.ly/vU5KU #DaffyDuck #ChuckJones 2 days ago
- Chuck Jones: Doodles of a Genius April 26 @ Bowers Museum Santa Ana ht.ly/vRsKY #ChuckJones #BowersMuseum #doodles 4 days ago
- Listening to Ken Nordine on the drive into work this morning, maroon: ht.ly/vRaYc #colors #jazz #kennordine #creativity 4 days ago
- I love this story..."Lead by *Egg*sample! ht.ly/vPn2J #ChuckJones #SpringFling #SoCo 4 days ago
- Summer Creativity Camps at the Center! #constantcontact conta.cc/1hrPRWE 1 week ago
- It Couldn't Get Any Duckier! #constantcontact conta.cc/1kDqep2 1 week ago
- The art is rolling in for the Red Dot Auction on May 9th. ht.ly/vERv2 #RedDotAuction #ChuckJones 1 week ago
- 'Largest outdoor art show': Five U.S. museums unite for Art Everywhere lnkd.in/bUPjhv7 1 week ago
- Me and My Shadow: A Still Animated Life by Daniel Killen #constantcontact conta.cc/1fTmXub 2 weeks ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.