what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- getty center, 6 (seems like dog years, doesn't it?) wp.me/pAOuc-23X 19 hours ago
- getty center, 5 (angles) wp.me/pAOuc-23S 1 day ago
- It's Varmint Season at the Chuck Jones Galleries #constantcontact conta.cc/1jr1v41 2 days ago
- getty center, 4 (gift baskets) wp.me/pAOuc-23L 2 days ago
- getty center, 3 (this is the part where i lagged behind my companions because i was dumb-struck by the pleasure of… wp.me/pAOuc-23G 3 days ago
- Conveyances ruled the day! ht.ly/rqnUS #ChuckJones #BowersMuseum #creativity #construction 4 days ago
- This just in: Love and Hope caught in a dragnet, details here: ht.ly/rq0Kv #FabioNapoleoni #Fabio #Napoleoni 4 days ago
- getty center, 2 (walk and talk) wp.me/pAOuc-23B 4 days ago
- getty center, 1 (a day with/without art) wp.me/pAOuc-23w 5 days ago
- world a.i.d.s. day, december 1, 2013 wp.me/pAOuc-23e 6 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.