what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- Shhh! Genius at Work! #constantcontact conta.cc/1pbFH2J 14 hours ago
- Just leaving, but this caught my eye. #sunset @ Chuck Jones Center for Creativity instagram.com/p/uzC3Gsiide/ 1 day ago
- RT @sitesExhibits: Fav #Halloween film="Broomstick Bunny." Background drawings via traveling #wabbitExhibit #chuckJones @ChuckJonesCentr ht… 3 days ago
- I almost forgot, this is happening. #orchids #theorchidgarden instagram.com/p/uoqp3OiiUg/ 5 days ago
- A room with a view. #skylight #layingonthecouch instagram.com/p/ulKoAwiiVj/ 6 days ago
- RT @andreaalvinart: New mural at Fox vs the original #YoungFrankenstein on the Playboy Bldg Sunset Strip. #JohnAlvinart #MelBrooks http://t… 1 week ago
- Which Witch is Which? | Animation Magazine animationmagazine.net/top-stories/wh… #ChuckJones #JuneForay #WitchHazel #Halloween 1 week ago
- RT @andreaalvinart: Today! Rhinebeck woman chronicles late husband’s iconic movie art dailyfreeman.com/arts-and-enter… #johnalvinart @dailyfreeman 1 week ago
- Is it too trite to say it's "magical"? #sunset #saddleback instagram.com/p/uhCnaoiiWM/ 1 week ago
- Boo! This Vintage "Casper, the Friendly Ghost" Art Will Haunt You! #constantcontact conta.cc/1vPhAHu 1 week ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.