what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- RT @wilee_kate: Check it out, ht.ly/loLtE #bobelias 2 hours ago
- the moon five ways in five minutes wp.me/pAOuc-1PK 19 hours ago
- Paint with a Master! #constantcontact conta.cc/10RIFWQ 1 day ago
- cooking (and bitterness) wp.me/pAOuc-1PG 1 day ago
- Chuck Redux blog; Rising Country Rock/Blues Star, Andrew Combs, to Headline Benefit at Chuck Jones Center for ... bit.ly/1863oPw 3 days ago
- Rising Country Rock/Blues Star, Andrew Combs, to Headline Benefit at Chuck Jones Center for Creativity bit.ly/12XlfCw 3 days ago
- orchid #4 (cattleya) wp.me/pAOuc-1Po 3 days ago
- orchid #3 (phalaenopsis) wp.me/pAOuc-1Pj 4 days ago
- Chuck Redux blog; Incomplete Manifesto for Growth--Bruce Mau Design: You know how the internet can be...one mi... bit.ly/14pFF8O 5 days ago
- Incomplete Manifesto for Growth--Bruce Mau Design bit.ly/13GmSXx 5 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.