what is left to say? st. valentine’s day was always a minefield for me, even as a young child–knowing that i was supposed to like girls (which i did), but at the same time liking boys — so i solved that problem by giving everyone in my class a valentine’s card–it just seemed easier (i also believe i was prompted by my mother to do so after complaining that i couldn’t decide who “my valentine” should be) and of course, i never got the cards from the boys i particularly liked (or even didn’t like.) the slight never seemed to bother me as a young child and soon after 4th grade, i reserved valentine’s day for the women in my life; mother, mary, grandmothers, and aunts. which worked very nicely indeed.
Subscribe by email
Find a topic
- You should not miss this. instagram.com/p/tocG-tiiVe/ 10 hours ago
- 1 Ticket = 1 Scholarship at 1 Class for 1 Student #constantcontact conta.cc/1yyq7St 1 day ago
- #NationalCoffeeDay deserves "Coyote Coffee!" ht.ly/C5kXv 2 days ago
- #RoadRunner says "Don't be Latte!" on National Coffee Day! ht.ly/C5kpH 2 days ago
- RT @MovingImageNYC: On 10/7, @DebraMessing will join @MarloThomas & @GloriaSteinem for a fantastic conversation about #ThatGirl! Tix: http:… 2 days ago
- Fun drawings of dogs by #ChuckJones at DirectedbyChuckJones.tumblr.com. ht.ly/C5bpV #dogs #drawings #character 2 days ago
- And this morning due West. instagram.com/p/tfrV-jiiTl/ 3 days ago
- After lunch with the stunning Sally Walsh and the magnificent Meredith Goodwin down in San Juan.… instagram.com/p/tdnsM_CiSG/ 4 days ago
- Down in SJC for lunch with friends from L.A. @ Cafe Mozart instagram.com/p/tdbEDwCiYv/ 4 days ago
- Facing due north from our mountaintop. instagram.com/p/tdIHuxiiQh/ 4 days ago
© Robert Patrick, and Cultivar, 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts, photographs and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robert Patrick and Cultivar with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.